Saturday 8 February 2020

Adeptus Titanicus - Warlord Titan



Imperator Bastard, originally designated Imperator Indomitable. Records tell this renaming came about through the essential character of the machine spirit contained with, being a dogged and pugnacious fighter, pursuing enemie and straining to demolish any opponent before it, in spite of Princeps tactical choice. This leads to a strain between man and machine on the field.

However, rumour also abounds that the current name came about through exclamations of the repair techseer pits, when seeing the level of damage constantly sustained by this god of war. 

Whichever is true, The Bastard is an aggressive, attacking, foe and one that rewards strong engagements.









Had my eye on that Adeptus Titanicus box for a while. Partly as a throwback to my yoof and partly as I never actually played it, nor owned it. I remember King having Titan Legions and being most envious of that, but then his parents bought him most things. I remember the fellow coming home from a holiday in America with a resin Baneblade in 40K scale. This would be around 1997ish, long before the Forgeworld one, I think.

So, boshed out the first Warlord Titan of the batch "Imperator Bastard", which I think is a loyalist.

Fairly simple, really, if you plan how to paint it whilst building it and work it up with that final painting in mind.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking painterly finish, very nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain! I quite like the fact I got thumb prints all over it and they sat rather well with the overall effect.

      Delete