Tuesday 17 December 2019

What Happened To An Old Model

Following up on this previous post, I sat down for 10 minutes after deciding what to do - let it not remain in stasis, lets attack the bastard with a paintbrush!

Painting over work that was painstakingly done previously? I dismiss that concern with a gesture!

End result:









Started with tidying the face up a little, adding a large area of mixed colour on that shoulder pad and then going for the forced shading and smudging paint around to finish.

Much better and much less Miss Priss than before, I reckon. Most enjoyable. I'll probably go through the rest of the (unpainted) minis I have to match this one and do them in between army units.





2 comments:

  1. Does look better and more in keeping with your current style!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain. Was most satisfactory just attacked it with a brush and enjoying painting, especially as I remember agonising over painting PERFECTION around this time and it taking forever.

      Delete