Monday 11 November 2019

Through Shadow Deep - 1421 - The Village

We travel for some while before reaching a village. After discussion between us, we enter to search for supplies. There is a silence about the place which makes us uneasy. 



Rauf sees the embers of a fire burning, indicating people were here recently. None are seen.



Then we hear it.........a cry. A wounded figure appears.


Three of us run to aid, when a foule figure appears, being walking dead.


This creature advances quickly, ignoring Johns arrows


I hear a cry from behind, as the others in our group spot similar figures and are beset by imps.


I see other figures approaching and call warning to my fellowes.


A building collapses, thankfully far and none is hurt. What is this place?


Brave Rauf takes the fight to this enemie, dealing much damage, whilst I stuggle to deal with my foe.




A call from Rauf indicates he has found another person, recently dead


The rest of our fellows fight the deviles, with Tom Poachers arrows proving strong


I find myself transfixed by this enemie, needing aid from friends. My blows do seeming no damage


Brave Harold finds his warhammer to be of great use in combating these walking dead, as he pursues and destroys them in a rage.


More buildings around us fall into ruin. This is a curs'd tun.


Our immediate fight over, we spy more figures approaching. Good bowmen make ease of these.



I give the call to regroup around the barn, as enemies press us from all sides.



I break the doors of the building, finding store of food. We take this and make our retreat from the village, defending one another.


I check the corpse we pass. English, with a good light hammer. I take this weapon for Harold, for he has show much vigor this day


We carry injuries, mercifully no major wounds nor hurts. 


This land is a forsaken place. We take our goods and hurry on.



4 comments:

  1. Nice atmospheric photos and dark tale!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. Once I get some time, I'll be playing out the next part. Seem to be stuck in other things at the minute though!

      Delete
  2. This is just brilliant. I'll look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir! I do need to get onto the second part of the game, but never quite getting on to it. Perhaps this week, if I can :)

      Delete