Tuesday 1 October 2019

Hundred Years War - English Men at Arms

Men at Arms. English ones. Hundred Years Wars.

I did some HYW units earlier in the year, but after a bit of consideration, I'm going to switch those to WotR (which was the original plan with them) and keep that as the main ranked/big blocks era for these sorts of games.

However, I still like the (later part of the) HYW and reckon I'll keep this one as the skirmish gaming, so I can get use out of the couple of boxes I've got kicking about. Maybe Lion Rampant rules, I reckon, if I can find a suitable location to play.

Still, heres the first of the new English army - 12 Men at Arms. All done using the preferred style of painting now and a hell of an enjoyable paint!

Think I might just tidy up the St George on some of those rondels though, as the red is looking a bit chubby.






4 comments:

  1. Nice work! They're going to teach that village a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. clearly the villagers must have heard them coming, as the place is deserted.......

      I think I've got some villager models knocking about somewhere. Might have to look for those and get them painted.

      Delete
  2. Tough looking bunch of men at arms, nice finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain. The Perry box is a real pleasure to work with and put together :)

      Delete