Tuesday 24 May 2022

Lord Durward

“I remember at this hour, at nine, they used to go out......... They sent their dog to me, and he took me along. The dog’s name was Anubis. 

They went hunting, hunting all night, as wolves do. How happy they were. Sometimes I could escape, and went hunting with them. 

You couldn’t understand. They went after some monstrous prey, with pikes. They wore holy relics, talismans and crucifixes. They resembled the knights of the crusades. 

When they returned, they were covered with blood, drunk with carnage! 

But one day, they came back with wounds on their throats, wounds that looked like bites. Out of which their blood was flowing… flowing...”





2 comments:

  1. I wouldn’t hang around with these guys anymore…their current career move has certainly taken them in an unexpected and unfortunate direction…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete