Monday 4 October 2021

Chaotic Restoration - Arbaal

 Some time ago, I posted about retrieving my old chaos army from a friend who I had donated it to in the past, and subsequently was enough of a gentleman to return it to me.

https://themosquitoonthetenthfloor.blogspot.com/2021/05/chaotic-restoration.html

After a pause in this, I'm finally getting around to making these into the chaos army I always wanted, but wasn't really able to in the past for various reasons (laziness, generally)

First up - Arbaal. THE Khorne bad boy to end them all, Looking thus:



HARDMAN

My Arbaal, however was in a bit more of a sorry state:


I'd already stripped the paint of him around.......2010ish, I think? Around then was when I was more willing to get things stuck into the Dettol. The Hound came like that, and was a classic mid 90s style paint job, painted by someone else, but not too thickly. 

"Fine", thinks I, "can paint straight over the top of that, nay bother".

So, an evenings work later and Arbaal is now ready for his return to the tabletop:








Banner pole is long long gone, but thats no major loss. Obviously, if I had it, I'd be painting a suitable livery for him, but as theres no pole, theres no point and the model looks pretty good without it.

Very happy with this one, very happy indeed.

So, the Khorne army has its general! Now onto the next units that take my fancy.


6 comments:

  1. Well that's a classic figure. This is a great project; do you plan on expanding on what you had returned to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, yes, to bring it up to a table sized army. Theres a whole bunch I threw away in addition to giving these away (marauders, warriors etc), so I've invested in a couple of boxes of warriors as the foot base and will be taking it from there. I've some conversions I made a few years ago which work well for Khorne marauders, so a second batch of those will be converted too, bringing them up to a unit size. THEN I can take to the field with them!

      Delete
  2. Lovely bit of resurrection! Very nicely done!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. He turned out awesome! Love the old school vibes. :)

    ReplyDelete