Thursday 14 October 2021

Chaotic Restoration - Chaos Knights

 Next up in the restoration of my old chaos army...............the Knights.

Chaos knights, iconic really, aren't they? I certainly always took a unit when this was a regular table force, although being Khorne, they'd often gallop headlong into some absurd position to fight some chaff. Khorne cares not where the blood comes from.............even if its 10 skinks.


So, this is how they looked originally.



Not too shabby on a couple of them - that made a decent base coat, and the horses were in pretty good nick from when I last repainted them around 2008ish, looking at that snow basing. The brown bases? That'll be 1998ish.

Couple of things in here:

1. That metal horse in the middle and its rider. I never built nor assembled that, nor did Roger the Todger who I sourced the items from, Back In The Day. Had a good look at it, thought about what I could do to convert or paint, and decided "nope, this is a duff model and theres a reason its been sitting untouched by three owners for 23ish years". Into the grave he went.

2. The other bare metal and plastics had been stripped by me in the past, so were easy to work with and suss out what should go where and with what. However, I did some repositioning on the 5th edition Knights as, much like the plastic warriors from the time (long binned by me), their heads came out of their chests rather than proudly on their necks, held high and proud, so a minor piece of work to amend that.

3. Banners. I absolutely need to do banners this time around! The thinking used to be "I'll do the army, then do all the banners at the end", but how often did I complete an army? NEVER, thats when. Unlike now, but I did the banners at the same time.


So, after a pair of hours assembling and a couple of hours across two evenings work, here we go with the restored Knights.




Very happy, once again. This lot is going to ruin someones life/village/head/day!

Here they are with Arbaal leading the way...........





Coming along nicely. Next up..............some heavy artillery.


2 comments:

  1. Splendid…
    Some classic old school bad lads…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent old school chaos knights!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete