Friday 9 October 2020

Out of Nowhere - Wood Elves

RANDOM PAINTING ALERT

I have no idea why, but I had the urge to paint some Wood Elves. 

Now, I like woods, but I don't particularly like Elves. However, I had an old model kicking about and a treeman, so may as well get on that twitch whilst its there and give them their first ever paintjobs, after many years tolling under Mt Lead.


Taemlein, Wood Elf Scout







Wanted a more feral look, so gave him a cloak of foliage. Its a lovely model, this. Had a minor conversion to the arm, many years ago, where I swapped his owl for a sword. Who throws an owl?



Rotbark, Treeman Double Hard Bastard









These older treeman are still the best ones GW did. Have you seen the absolute state of the current one? Although, that plastic Ent looks like it has potential.



4 comments:

  1. Marvellous elf and splendid treeman,and I don't like elves!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your use of foliage on the elf...
    And the treeman is particularly nice...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly! The foliage is a handy trick to use now and then. Originally bought it for dressing up some old houses, but only seem to have stuck it on minis so far.......

      Delete