Wednesday 22 August 2018

95th Rifles

The shame of my gaming cupboard is my Napoleonic armies, which are both:

1 - Massive
2 - Unpainted

Real monkey on the back, especially the masses and masses of cavalry I have. Its built at least, but part of the "no painted no tabletop" rule I've put in for myself is ensuring that these aren't getting played.

They take ages though, don't they, Napoleonic? Bloody ages with the straps and facings and all that. So when I do get the itch to paint some of it, I need to take advantage of that and get working!

Started with something nice and easy - especially now I'm a bit more sufficient with planning for painting en masse and getting armies cranked out.

95th it is to start then. Mainly because they take about an hour to hammer out a small unit of 9. Took the opportunity to rebase these onto 40mm multiple rounds as well, because I'd originally put them on 20mm squares and it didn't look quite right.

First unit below. I've another, but they can wait until I've done a few line regiments to break up the endless red.



2 comments:

  1. Nice,I know what you mean about endless primed but unpainted Napoleonic cavalry unfortunately!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. I've been mulling over painting the cavalry lately and really wish I hadn't glued the men to the horses - it would have made things much easier!

      Delete