Tuesday 15 May 2018

New King, New Standards.

Saturday night, after a hard five hours battling in the pub, leading the Parliament forces across Wendle Moor.



I'm sat recovering indoors when we find its Eurovision night. Now, I don't need to watch Eurovision intently, only being required to make the occasional comment, which left me with time..........




So I got on with beginning the next project




An army begins with its leader, as far as I am concerned, so I quickly knocked up my King for the Wars of the Roses









(theres a stray piece of flock on the tabard, which I promptly removed. Thanks, horrifically stark display of photograph detailing!)










BUT!! a King without a standard is little more than a pretender with no authority, in much the same way a regiment without a standard is little more than a skirmisher detachment or a band of scouts!




A standard is the colours, the rallying point and the authority of the persona, and a general NEEDS a standard on display. Any general taking to the field without his colours on full display and aloft deserves a thrashing, frankly.




Next day, spent a quick 15 mins drawing up the required design.












Then added colour later in the evening












(A bonus point to whoever identifies the heraldry.)








And now we have a King fit to lead and inspire his men.


















At some point, proper photography will follow. Perhaps when finishing the full division and making them look all flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment