Wednesday 24 November 2021

Warmaster Orc Army

 Warmaster AKA "the one I never played"  has often been a discussed game between a friend and I/ He invested heavily, but never played (think we've all been there), whereas I fancied it on release, but being young and skint at that time, never really took it up.

SO, we decided to have a go...............or at least collect some armies.

Now, I'm not trawling ebay to look for overpriced blisters or GW stuff, and theres some lovely looking 3D printed stuff out there, but I needed to decide what to go for. Obviously, Chaos or Undead being my main armies meant first thoughts went to them, but I didn't really get bitten by what was there, plus the chaos stuff I did like was in France, and I have no intention of dicking around with Brexit charges and all that fun and games.

This led to "how about a different army for once? i.e. not one I have in 28mm" when I found the rather lovely range of Copplestone NOT LOTR AT ALL 10mm fantasy metals. Right ORCS it is then.

(disclaimer, I did have a very small GW orc army back in the mid 90s, and have plenty of LOTR plastics kicking about (what household doesn't, along with a compulsory VHS of The Thing?)

Also, I don't really tend to stray out of 28mm too much, main as I'm too cheap to invest in a new scale of scenery, so all a bit new on the painting. Decided to go for a bit of Isengard theme about the place too, because Y Not?






Thats about all of it for now. I have a bunch of characters left to do and full plans for a cavalry wing, but those can be for another day, maybe when I've actually played a game or two!

4 comments:

  1. Great looking horde! I love the earthy colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Some armies will look good in more vibrant colouring, but Orcs need to be a bit grubby IMO

      Delete
  2. A nice looking little army…
    Mark Copplestone’s figures are very characterful indeed.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice. I don't often stray out of 28mm, but impressed with these.

      Delete