Thursday 18 November 2021

HELLCANNON!

 Its a hellcannon! That beast of an artillery piece that caused much fun on the table, but I never seemed to see (nor own!) a painted one. Perhaps its just intimidating having that much metal sitting there? I had two of these at one point, as well, so no idea where the other one went.

Mandatory "before" shot:




Set about it with gusto and here we are, one chunky cannon that weighs more than my dog.








Not too bad to really do, once getting going. Using oil washes takes an awful lot of the work out of it and makes things nicely grubby and grimy.





8 comments:

  1. Well that has turned out rather well…
    Given its weight I’m sure it should count as heavy artillery…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None but the heaviest. How on earth did I manage to cycle with this plus an army in my bag, I never know. Well, I do - youthful energy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers. It does rather, doesn't it :) Def got the brief dead on, with this one.

      Delete
  3. Nice I have one which is very underused these days 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not playing anything where it can be a sub? I can see this rolling out now and again, but not everything. Mainly to deter anyone who decides to sit at the back of the table as a usual tactic.

      Delete
  4. Great looking beast of a gun!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete