Thursday 21 January 2021

1885 Naval Brigade

 Jack Tar! The mighty sailors on the seas of fate - as someone who was going to join the (merchant) navy when a teen, before other things prevented it, I'm always a fan of the Naval Brigades of the late Victorian Period. Although, the only pub I never drank in, when still in my home town, was the British Tar - and I've drank in some right dives, let me tell you. Cellar nights stretched into Cellar days......

I digress. These are a mix of Perry and Warlord, I've had them for some time but did the sensible work of getting the duller stuff out of the way first, leaving lots of the good stuff to enjoy towards the end of my various projects.






Plans........well, I think at some point, I'll add a unit of RMLI in the 1879 Dark Blue and White uniform, so that these can also be used in AZW gaming as well.


2 comments:

  1. Great looking naval brigade! Its almost like they should be in black and white!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats an idea - I hadn't even considered using a filter before. I'd need to put them in slightly better context for that, though

      Delete