Monday 10 December 2018

Warband of Nurgles Garden

After a break of many many years, I had a twitch for some 40K/GW. Now, I don't really enjoy 40K as a game too much but projects are projects and I thought I'd act on it...........getting some money for my birthday and hammered these out in around three weeks.


The Plague Flies................I left the riders off as I thought they looked a bit daft perched on top




Thee Gardeners ov Green......................really enjoyed painting these.




The Death Guard warband of Kvlt Adominis...................can't say I enjoyed these as much. Took a lot of work removing and cleaning the endless clutter from the models, then I had a sharp reminder whilst doing them that I really don't enjoy painting space marines.

It seems as though colour schemes are much more prescriptive nowadays as straight away I had a comment of "oh, 30K HH death guard!" from a friend, but this doesn't really play into my considerations of the colours.............I'd had this method of painting kicking around in my head for many many years, and the primary driver behind the project.

Mainly painted with a sponge. Yep, a sponge! But..........marines are not much fun to paint, as I've learned. Still, as a palette cleanser for throwing off the uniformity of historicals, it worked and I learned a few things along the way, to be used in next years projects....





The full Kvlt.....







No comments:

Post a Comment