Saturday 6 March 2021

Forgeworld Arvus Lighter

 It may be only me, but I've found myself pulling out boxes of stuff during lockdown and seeing whats in there, then thinking "ah, this is one thats been kicking about for a fair while. M8, yr time is due!"

So, on that note, an old Forgeworld Arvus Lighter that I bought a relatively mere 8/9 years ago, I think. Sitting about, rarely used, never painted, but bought as I loved the model at the time. Still do, but not at todays price!

In the ethos of "well, painted is better than unpainted, just go for it" approach to things, I spent a quick 30 mins hammering this one out and enjoying playing with the paint.








Don't ask where the plastic covering for the cockpit is, though. Long gone, that one!



7 comments:

  1. I always liked that model too- I never picked one up though. I like the hard beaten paint job- nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Quick work sometimes come out as good work :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely, weather beaten lighter!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Iain. A vehicle like this shouldn't be pristine, as far as I'm concerned.

      Delete
  3. Looking great! Love the dark and realistic look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Dark, grubby and lived in - thats the look for me :)

      Delete
  4. Well that certainly says Grimdark to me...
    It looks like it’s got a look of miles on the clock... very nice indeed.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete