Monday 7 December 2020

Dwarf Army

 Dwarfs, good old stout unchanging dwarfs! 

Back in the day (i.e. the 90s) I had a classic metal dwarf army which I painted and used a couple of times, but then sold on for reasons (i.e. being completely skint). 

Always fancied getting another one at some point, but held off each time for one reason or another - not too keen on the various plastics out there, not wanting to invest in an army I'd relatively recently sold off, or similar.

Another factor is that they needed to be the right models.

Idle browsing for some dark ages minis, on a whim, and come across the Conqueror Models dark ages Dwarf range and was taken with them - right look, right price and right time.

Right, mental purchase done...........so, how to set about it? By buying a couple of blocks, painting them fully, then getting the next one, but doing this quickly enough to strike whilst the iron is hot and keep it hot! I specifically didn't want this to end up as a zombie project, lingering away in a half life of not finished, yet not done enough to be presentable.

So, three week turnaround of dedicated sessions and here we are - The Dwarf Throng of Eirich Ravensoak




Spears and crossbows


Dane Axe Household Guard


Spears and artillery



Ravensoak and personal standard




4 comments:

  1. Lovely looking dwarf army, rapidly assembled! I have a dwarf army languishing in the loft GW plastic mostly, it's one fantasy army I might go back and paint sometime!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At some point, I may even get to use these. My languishing list is ever shortening, so as long as a I don't go mad and do any new eras or projects, should be good and clear at some point

      Delete
  2. Those Norse Dwarfs are awesome sculpts and your painting of them is excellent.
    'My languishing list is ever shortening, so as long as a I don't go mad and do any new eras or projects...
    Ah, I was doing quite well myself, painting stuff I already had and then just last night I got roped into a new group project for a conflict I don't have any models for, in a scale I don't normally work in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it always the way? I've caught my self looking at no less than THREE new eras since making that statement. Hold firm!

      Delete