Monday 7 September 2020

Revamped Undead

My first, most abused, and most faithful army is my old Undead. Through many a war, move, campaign and cardboard box, we've been together and I've managed to hang onto them thoughout the years in spite of losing a lot of stuff.

A while ago.............errrrr ten years ago.........I did start to address some of the breakages and such, but my impetus was less then than it is now, when I'm time poor and more divided on other things like work, family and such. How that results in greater productivity, I don't know.

Now, around 18 months ago I documented some of these on this very blog, but finally gotten the army into a playable state with a concerted push of a couple of weeks and the results are below.

Even managed to convince a friend into trying classic WFB, so these have seen field and ALREADY started the invasion of the Empire, who got a spanking a couple of weeks ago.

The full army so far


Feral Vampires


Vampires dressed for dinner


Army standard


Grave Guard


Ye Olde Plague Cart



Ghouls


Grave Guard again


Skeletons



Ye Old Zombies. Still the best ones around 


Varghulf.


Ye olde Wolves of Doom


Marching banners, which I had a go at doing a Stenbock roses style look on, which I could have done better, but didn't come out shit, so I left it.

Leaving that horrendous sentence above as is, as its awful but great.




By the way, if you've never read any Stenbock, then you must. I'm a big fan. Who doesn't love this kind of stuff?

He was said to travel everywhere with a life-sized wooden doll, whom he called “le petit comte” and whom he believed to be his son; he would send constantly for news of his “son” when he was absent.

Theres a good bio here:


FIN






7 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful collection of classic figures (the Graveguard being my favourite).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think those are actually amongst the newest models in there, albeit still 10-11 years old at this point.

      Delete
  2. There’s certainly a good mix of figures there.... old and older.

    One might say... dead good 😱🙄

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. I dare say theres a number of yours tucked away in there. Mad to think that I've had some of these since I was 11....

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking undead army! I do seem to remember you starting to address them a while ago, the banners are ace! Funnily enough I am now much more productive even though I am also much more time poor, I guess we are more efficient and have relatively rapid techniques we are now happy with over previous, possibly more labour intensive, ones?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's an awesome collection you've got there! 😍 I'm a bit jealous. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - the product of many years hanging onto an ever more battered cardboard box. Theres still more in there, which'll come up for restoration at some point.

      Delete